Five best articles about how to manage urban trees.
- Best Practices for Yard-Tree Distribution Programs, by Lara A. Roman, et al.
- Boldly Planting for the Next Generation, by Andrew K. Koeser, et al.
- Cutting Urban Forest Budgets is Costing More than Money, by Kit P. Jory Sr.
- Maintaining the Urban Forest: Everyone’s Responsibility, by Kit P. Jory Sr.
- Traits of a bloom: a nationwide survey of U.S. urban tree planting initiatives (TPIs), by Theodore S. Eisenman, et al.
Articles about global forestry and climate action, mostly from Yale School of the Environment, Yale e360
State and regional resources for urban forestry
- California ReLeaf, “All things trees” links
- California Urban Forests Council, view Infographics in English and Spanish
- TreePeople (Los Angeles)
- CityPlants (Los Angeles)
- Sacramento Tree Foundation
- Friends of the Urban Forest (San Francisco)
What is urban forestry?
- What is urban forestry? Online learning guide from Cities4Forests
- “Tough to be a tree in the city,” 3-minute video
- Bi-monthly webinars, Urban and Community Forestry Program, USDA Forest Service, register and see archived presentations