Plant a tree or donate in honor of a friend, family or community member. Then insert names and dates into one of these fillable PDFs then print or send!
Start by showing your commitment, one tree at a time. Put a garden sign by your tree, in your front yard! Garden signs are 9 x 12″ (see image below) and available with donations of $30 or more. First, make a donation . You will receive a confirmation email that includes information on picking up a garden sign at Walter Andersen Nursery in Old Town.
A neighborhood, business district, non-profit, or other group can make a commitment (10, 20, 100 or more trees) for a specified time (one to three years). Then develop an action plan, track actions, and eventually celebrate tree additions and advocacy.
Actions can include:
- Planting and caring for new trees in front and back yards, in schoolyards, at houses of worship, in community gardens, and other locations
- Requesting street trees to be planted in rights-of-way
- Removing concrete so trees can be planted
- Protecting trees from vandalism
- Reporting sidewalk conflicts that can be corrected to preserve trees
- Nominating eligible mature trees for heritage designation, and more!
Trees can be planted in front and back yards, in schoolyards, at houses of worship, in community gardens, and other locations.